Header Ads

test

25 Ways to Have Fun With Your Husband



The news about marriage often seems bad, doesn’t it? Whether it’s reading about the affairs of celebrities and public figures or hearing that a couple close to you is heading for divorce, things often seem discouraging to those of us who value marriage and want to keep it strong.
I don’t want to dwell on the bad news, but it’s hard not to think about it. So I’m just going to remind both of us to do everything we can to keep our marriages strong and healthy.
And I want to share a simple way to do just that. In fact, this idea is so simple, it almost seems too obvious to mention. But I will anyway, because I have a feeling that most couples aren’t doing it.
So here it is – on a regular basis, do something fun with your husband.
Does it seem ridiculous to even suggest that, to actually write an article that says “hey, you need to have fun with your husband?” Maybe, but you know how life tends to get in the way of having fun? And how all of those things you have to do can suck all the enjoyment out of life? And how a marriage that once seemed fun and exciting now just seems kind of boring?
Yeah, I know about those things too. I think everyone who’s been married more than a year or two knows about them. And that’s why I think it’s worth mentioning that doing something fun with your husband regularly can serve as an antidote to those feelings.
It’s not an answer to all of the problems our marriages will face, but the connections we build by having fun together can help us deal with those problems more creatively.
So what does it mean to have fun together as a married couple? I think it means taking some time out of your busy schedule, getting away from the routine, and enjoying each other’s company. It means making some memories together.
Most times it can be something simple, although once in a while you may want to do something more elaborate. The key elements are stepping away from your routine and spending time together doing something you both enjoy.
This should be easy, so why does it seem so hard? I think it’s because we’re too busy, and our busyness is keeping us from making time for fun and relaxation with our husbands. Which means that we may need to make some changes in our lives and our schedules, if we want to strengthen our marriages.
So this month I want to challenge you (and me) to do something fun with your husband at least once a week. Plan it, make it a priority, and do it. That’s it – just once a week, for the next month. Are you in?
If you are, here are 25 ideas to help you get started:
• Take a bike ride
• Go canoeing
• Watch a funny movie
• Put on some music and dance
• Play a game
• Visit an amusement park or a zoo
• Work out together
• Go out to dinner
• Have a fight with Nerf or water guns
• Work on a project together
• Take a walk
• Go out for coffee or ice cream
• Go bowling
• Go to a concert
• Wrestle
• Play Twister
• Play cards or another game
• Make love
• Take a day trip
• Go to a fair or carnival
• Make plans for an outing or trip
• Try a new sport
• Play miniature golf
• Visit a state park, trail or nature area
• Turn a routine task into a game 

If you’re going to give it a try, let me know. I’d love to hear what you and your husband do to have fun each week, and I’ll let you know what my husband and I do.
 

By Natalie Thomas

 

No comments